The Golden Rule is the very foundation on which Mary Kay Ash built her great Company. She dreamed of enriching women's lives – but she knew that cancer and domestic violence affect women on the deepest of levels, regardless of geography, age or economic circumstances. With that in mind, she founded The Mary Kay FoundationSM in 1996. Since its inception, the Foundation has granted more than $60 million to support organizations committed to ending domestic violence and cancers affecting women.
As a global Company, we're united in our efforts to help women and children. The Mary Kay FoundationSM strives to do more than just treat the problems that keep women from realizing their dreams; we're working to find a cure. We raise funds and present research grants to scientists who perform groundbreaking cancer research, and offer compassionate support for cancer patients. We partner with organizations that offer domestic violence education, emergency relief and support for abuse survivors.
A woman's life saved ... a child's life changed. Our founder's legacy of giving remains stronger than ever.
- Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultants, employees and their families participate in the annual MK5K to benefit The Mary Kay FoundationSM. In 2014, 21 MK5K races were held throughout the United States by employees and independent sales force members.
- Mary Kay Malaysia collaborated with HOPE Malaysia by supporting the Reading Programme for the underprivileged children.
- Each year, The Mary Kay FoundationSM grants funds to scientists focused on women's cancer research.
Thanks to the efforts of Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultants worldwide, Mary Kay's global cause-marketing initiative, Beauty That Counts®, has generated millions of dollars to help make the lives of women and children in need just a bit more beautiful. A portion of the sale from each of these earmarked Mary Kay® products benefits organizations dedicated to promoting the education, self-reliance, health and well-being of women and their families – because when women thrive, beautiful things happen.
DELIVERING HOPE THROUGHOUT THE WORLD
NORTH AMERICA | Mary Kay Ash held two causes closest to her heart: She wanted to end domestic violence and cancers that affect women. As a Company and as an independent sales force, we carry on her mission without end until those dreams have been realized.
Each year in the United States, The Mary Kay FoundationSM awards $3 million in unrestricted grants to domestic violence shelters throughout the country. And more than $1 million each year in research grants has fueled new discoveries in potential cures for cancer, bringing hope to women and their families.
Mary Kay Inc. is committed to ending domestic violence. While supporting domestic violence shelters and programs, the Company also is focused on prevention efforts, including healthy relationship training, support, literature and services to young people.
In Canada, the Mary Kay Ash Charitable Foundation also supports ending domestic violence and helps provide emotional and social support to more than 8,000 Canadian women each year living with cancer. No one knows and understands the link between appearance and self-esteem better than the women behind Mary Kay; for this reason, more than 1,500 Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultants volunteer with the organization each year.
ASIA PACIFIC | Mary Kay Asia Pacific is dedicated to transforming future generations. Scholarships, teaching facilities and the refurbishment of libraries for children at the Mary Kay Spring Bud Primary Schools are supported by Mary Kay China. And throughout China, Taiwan, Australia and Korea, Mary Kay is working to promote education and research that raises the standard of women's health in impoverished communities.
- Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultants participate in an auction to raise funds for women's and children's organizations. Mary Kay China funds organizations dedicated to improving the lives of women and children throughout the region.
- Mary Kay Malaysia employees distribute food to underprivileged children as part of the HOPE Malaysia Food Distribution Program, of which Mary Kay Malaysia is a sponsor.
- Mary Kay Hong Kong employees and friends partner with the Yuen Yuen Institute to raise funds for children with special needs and the elderly suffering from Alzheimer's disease.
- Mary Kay Australia supports both the Salvation Army and Look Good Feel Better®, an organization that provides beauty sessions to cancer patients undergoing treatment, with the goal of improving their self-esteem and quality of life.